Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A DIY tutorial on custom BNC wires

A DIY tutorial on custom BNC wires 


 Here are the supplies you'll need for this project:








 1/4" ID spring (I found this in my stash of electronics so your going to have to work to find this one!)

 6-8 inch male to male breadboard wire (can be found on ebay or electronic goldmine)
 Standard BNC terminator (can also be found at Home Depot)
 1/4" OD plastic tubing (can be found at Home Depot)
 I'm going to start by cutting my tubing slightly shorter then the breadboard wire.
 I will then cut slits in the tubing about a half inch apart and about half the way through the tubing. This will allow the tube to bend easily.
 Take the breadboard wire and straighten it so it will slip easily into the BNC terminator.
 It will require very little force, and you can feel it slide into the connector. You can get a compression tool to fix it there but I didn't worry about it.
 Slip the plastic tubing over the wire, and into the BNC compression end.

 Now slip the spring over the tubing as seen here.

This provides for a protected from the environment and it is quite awesome! I use this to connect to my digital oscilloscope interface all the time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment